Document Scanning for Solicitors & Law Firms
As many people will know the criminal and commercial law sector is often a paper intensive area, holding documents on past and present clients and other important sensitive documents such as:
- Witness statements
- Property documents
- Personal details
- Pre-sentence reports
- Character profiles
- Phone billing data
- Court documents
These documents are usually stored in filing cabinets and sometimes finding a case file or property file can cost a paralegal valuable time. Solicitors are very time-driven such is the nature of their business and to continuously spend time searching through hard copy documents and files takes away the essence of their job while also in turn wasting more of the client’s time.
How Scanning Files and Cases Can Help Solicitors and Law firms
By having legal files and paperwork scanned and archived it eliminates the need for paper copies. You can have any file available at your desktop within seconds, you don’t even have to move to get the information you need! This is widely regarded as a saving rather than a cost even more so in an industry where time is money.
Having these documents arranged into text searchable files speeds up the day to day processes and could save thousands of pounds.
Solicitors and Paralegals are aware of the amount of paper circulated around the office and how many of these documents can be lost in the process. The future of document management is to have them electronically circulated and electronically stamped. By introducing this process into forward thinking offices, businesses have saved thousands of pounds on printers, paper costs, photocopying, postage and even more has been saved on the minutes added up from staff looking for their files in storage units. The long term planners are always the most successful businesses which is why we intend to help as many organisations as possible with huge savings in as many areas as manageable.
Advantages of Scanning and Archiving for Solicitors
- Shared access - electronic files can be shared between partners and associates saving on time and communication
- Instant access - documents can be accessed easily through an easy to use menu or by using a keyword search
- Powerful search capabilities – using fully text searchable documents offers quick access and is useful for document cross referencing
- Reduced storage space - documents are only printed when required
- Increased production - reduced research time and compilation of documents
- Remote access - From a laptop or PC while in, or away from the office
- Environmentally friendly - Save on unnecessary printing, postage and delivery of paper documents
To find out more about our scanning and archiving for solicitors and the legal sector call us, email us or complete our online form for a free, no obligation quote.
Tel: 0161 832 7991